Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It is important to SERVPRO of Torrance that our customers know what to do when waiting for help to arrive following water damage. The consequences of water damage can be dangerous, and it is our goal to keep everyone involved safe in every step of the process. Not everyday one is struck with the burden of water damage, that is why we are here to give you tips on what and what not do when confronted with such a situation. No need to worry, because SERVPRO will be there in a hurry!
Click Here to learn more about water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (310) 320-2112
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.