What Is Black Mold?
Not everyday does the average human encounter black mold. That is why it's important you are educated on what it is, and how to steer clear from the potential dangers of it.
Black mold is formally called stachybotrys chartarum, and it can produce allergens and irritants just like other types of molds. It is our best bet to treat any mold with caution by staying out of areas affected with mold and avoiding any physical contact with the mold. If you do happen to encounter mold in your Torrance property, do not hesitate to call us at any time of the day to help with your mold damage remediation. SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for these types of situations.
To learn more about mold and how you can protect you and your property from it, read Mold Damage Tips.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Torrance immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (310) 320-2112
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Torrance is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of Torrance proudly serves Torrance and surrounding areas.